In this episode of The Richard Robbins Show, I sat down with a man who has mastered the art of content creation. From one piece of long-form content he creates 30 to 35 pieces daily, which fuels his database of over 9,500 people.
Jas Takhar, a Toronto native with over 26 years of experience in the sales and service industry, is the founder of REC Canada under Royal LePage, and for over 5 years has successfully kept his team top 3 in the country.
Jas tells me that the love for sales started at a young age delivering newspapers and working retail jobs. “I loved knocking on people’s doors and trying to build rapport in those first 5 seconds.”
The secret to his success? Simple, he says, it’s all about attitude. “I know, if I smile, there’s a high probability that the person that I’m speaking to will feel a little bit better. If I come to you grumpy, there’s a high probability that I’m going to put that on you, as well.”
Jas is a long way from delivering papers door to door. REC boasts 50 realtors and 11 support staff and his team advises and assists over 625 buyers, sellers and investors, yearly, across the Greater Toronto Area, resulting in a total of over $2.1B in transactions.
In the 58 episode of The Richard Robbins Show, Jas and I talk about how to acquire one, qualified lead every single day with your marketing efforts. We talk on the importance of building and maintaining your database, the power of consistent, valuable content and how to help your clients see the value of real estate investing.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- The importance of attitude when it comes to sales.
- Why it’s important to iron out expectations immediately with a client.
- How long form content can become your greatest lead generation tool.
- The importance of a database, how to grow it and best practices to maintain it.
- Why you should, “ask for introductions”.
- How to focus on new business like investors and how to help clients build a portfolio.
- The importance of long-form content, where to find it and how to create it!
- The power of a strategic alliance to fuel your business.