My next guest on The Richard Robbins Show got her first job in a real estate office at the age of 13. Today, she helps real estate agents create businesses that align with their strengths, vision and core beliefs.
Michelle Risi, Executive Vice President of Royal LePage Your Community and Broker/Owner of Royal LePage Connect Realty, is a 2nd generation real estate business owner that focuses on Lifestyle Entrepreneurship.
“There are a lot of REALTORS®, regardless of what stage and age they are in their business, that are not enjoying the fruits of their labour.” Michelle tells me that the normalization of burnout and ‘shiny object syndrome’ is what led her to focus her brokerage on lifestyle and balance.
Her unique approach to leadership and perspective on the real estate industry comes from her direct experience, starting at just 13 years old. “I was born into the business. I had the opportunity to see the evolution [of real estate.] I was in the business when there were tear sheets, typewriters and carbon copy paper.”
In the 43rd edition of The Richard Robbins Show, Michelle and I sit down and talk about the importance of employing a healthy work/life balance. We discuss the difference between having meaning and purpose, how to thrive doing value focused work and how to implement Michelle’s A.L.I.G.N. teaching to improve not only your business but your life, as well.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- Michelle’s A.L.I.G.N. teaching.
- The importance of having a solid work/life balance.
- The normalization of burnout and how to avoid it.
- The importance of understanding your strengths.
- The Power of Purpose – understanding your ‘Blueprint’.
- The importance of authenticity and being yourself in business.
- The difference between purpose, meaning and pleasure.
- The power of one simple question Michelle asks herself every morning.
- The difference between customer service and customer experience.
Ideas Worth Sharing
There is no greater place to work, than in a business you create. @RisiMichelle @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Everything you do starts with a vision and then you work backwards from there. If you come in and you lose sight of what you really wanted, and what’s really going to make that beautiful life that you talk about. You end up with… Click To Tweet
There is fear in trying to take something. There is no fear in trying to give something. @RisiMichelle @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Too much pleasure leads to long term destruction. @RisiMichelle @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Michelle Risi
- Vivian Risi
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness by Jen Sincero
- Delivery the Unexpected by Richard Robbins
- Yes You Can: It All Starts With You by Vivian Risi
- Frank Sinatra
- Grand Cayman
- The Ritz Carlton