Nearly 20 years ago, my next guest on The Richard Robbins Show was applying for a job at a fairly new company called Richard Robbins International. Naturally she was hired, and we were fortunate to have Kristen as an RRI Team Member for many years. After moving to Florida many years ago, Kristen has spent her time building a business based on mindfulness and meditation, all while balancing her time as a wife and mother.
Kristen Manieri, a former RRI team member turned life coach and certified mindfulness teacher, spends her time enriching the lives of her tribe, teaching people how to live more intentionally, feeling more connected and being more conscious.
“If I am not good for me, I am not good for anybody else,” Kristen tells me. She knows the secret to living a healthy, restorative and passion filled life begins with self-maintenance and personal reflection.
In a time when mental health may be on the decline and personal well-being may be difficult to achieve, this podcast with Kristen shares some enlightening tips to balancing your life without demanding or stressful practices.
In this episode of The Richard Robbins Show, Kristen and I reminisce on her time with RRI and explore her journey to living in the United States as a certified mindfulness teacher. She shares her 4 Step Process to Better Living, the importance of self-care and the extraordinary power of journaling.
Please enjoy this transformative chat with my dear friend, Kristen Manieri.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- The importance and impactfulness of journaling.
- How to journal, prompts to help begin and tips to make it easier.
- Kristen’s 4 Steps for Better Living.
- The importance of personal wellbeing and restorative practices.
- Why pillars of Kristen’s marriage are non-negotiable.
- Why self-maintenance is crucial to helping those around you.
- The theory of taking extended periods of time away from ‘normal life.’
- The best way to start a habit.
- Kristen’s morning routine to help be her best self.
- Why walking can be a healthy exercise for your body, your mind and your personal relationships.
- The importance of time blocking in “white space.”
Ideas Worth Sharing
I don’t know that real change, real evolution, can happen without struggle, without pain. We all get a little fat and happy. Good is the enemy of great. We don’t have to change when things are good, why bother? @Richardlrobbins… Click To Tweet
A great relationship is never 50/50, it’s 100/100. You both have to give 100%. @Richardlrobbins @KristenManieri Click To Tweet
It’s such a paradox that the mind is designed for mindlessness and mindfulness at the same time. @Richardlrobbins @KristenManieri Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Kristen Manieri
- Orlando, Florida
- Rochester, New York
- 60 Mindful Minutes Podcast with Kristen Manieri
- Love Actually
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- Brandi Carlile
- Canyon Ranch, Tucson Arizona
- The Ritz Carlton
- Montessori Education
- Tony Joe