My next guest on The Richard Robbins Show served as a decorated fighter pilot for the United States military and has since earned his MBA and now speaks around the world on the importance of perseverance, strategy and teamwork.
Lieutenant Colonel Waldo Waldman is a New York Times bestselling author and decorated fighter pilot with 65 combat missions and 2,650 flight hours in places like Iraq, South East Asia and Kosovo.
Waldo’s inspiration for exchanging the cockpit for center stage was simple, “We’re all top guns, we’re just wearing different uniforms.” He now uses the lessons of unity and camaraderie he learned in the military to help business leaders and entrepreneurs in their own life.
In this episode of The Richard Robbins Show, Waldo and I discuss the importance of preparation and training, why pressure is the key to conquering fear and explains why everyone, everywhere needs a wingman or wing-mam.
Please enjoy this rocket fueled interview with Lt. Col. Waldo Waldman.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- Waldo’s “Coin Check” Tradition to Build Comradery, Friendship and Unbreakable Bonds
- The importance of being challenged and forcing yourself to grow.
- The importance of leadership and teamwork to transform fear into trust.
- Why preparation time is crucial to becoming successful.
- Why you need to propel yourself by investing in continued education.
- Why setting the tone for your day is important.
- Why ‘Speed is Life’.
Ideas Worth Sharing
We’re all top guns, we’re just wearing different uniforms. @WaldoWaldman @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
People are afraid more often than not, not because of their inherent physiological fear, but many times because deep down they are not prepared. They don’t know the contingencies, they don’t have trust in their skills.… Click To Tweet
The issues that people don’t see is what really builds up a person's character and gives them the confidence to fly their combat missions of life. @WaldoWaldman @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Innovation starts with conversation. @WaldoWaldman @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Waldo Waldman
- United States Armed Forces
- New York Style Pizza
- Glengarry Glen Ross
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Cure
- A Flock of Seagulls
- Free Audio Copy of Never Fly Solo by Waldo Waldman