If you have ever attended one of RRI’s Training Academy events or Masters Academy conferences, then you’ve probably heard me mention my next guest’s incredible technology.
Since 2006, Darin Dawson, President and Co-founder of BombBomb, has been on a mission to create real, face-to-face communications through video email. BombBomb is an RRI favorite and countless RRI Coaching Members have taken advantage of its unique tracking abilities, screen sharing capabilities and easy-to-use recording functionality.
The big question, though, is this: What is BombBomb?
Darin says it’s a new way to do a familiar thing. “It’s like a virtual voicemail. It’s an easy touch to a past client, it’s not overthinking it, what would you say if you bumped into someone at a grocery store?”
With social distancing changing the way the world interacts, now more than ever, video communications will help you get in front of the people you need to. The secret to using this piece of technology is simple, says Darin, “Show empathy and show gratitude. That one motion, ‘thank you’, is probably the simplest and less-intense thing people need to do more.”
In the 32nd episode of The Richard Robbins Show and our final episode of Season 1, Darin and I talk about the importance of effective video communications. Darin shares tips on creating better video, tells us why video is the future of communication and gives you secrets to using BombBomb to help boost your brand and help connect with others.
Please enjoy this episode with Darin Dawson and we’ll see you again in Season 2 (coming September 1) of The Richard Robbins Show!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- Futuristic thinking to go beyond what is currently possible.
- The importance of real-time data tracking and understanding what works.
- Why practice makes perfect and getting comfortable with yourself on video.
- Why video is the best form of communication and the power of Micro Expressions.
- How screen recordings can help visual learners excel.
- The ‘First Take’ Technique and how it will help conversions.
- The importance of mentorship and why surrounding yourself with the right people is critical.
- Tips on how to create better, more engaging videos.
- Where can video communication be useful in your business?
Ideas Worth Sharing
Humans are better than black text on a white screen. @BombBomb @RichardLRobbins Click To Tweet
I’m trying to recruit top talent. I’m trying to keep top talent. I think the best way we can do that is we can let the people we know, know they're appreciated and video is an easy way to do that. @BombBomb @RichardLRobbins Click To Tweet
People want transparency and authenticity. I think more than ever human beings are longing for unpolished content. @BombBomb @RichardLRobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Darin Dawson & Conor McCluskey
- Seth Godin
- Saving Private Ryan
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Play Bigger by Al Ramadan
- Amalfi Coast
- Man Crate
- Pikes Peak Summit