On the 81st episode of The Richard Robbins Show, I sit down with Katie Dempsey, CEO and Founder of Brand Ambition, a boutique marketing and branding creative agency. While her company helps anyone in search of a stronger online presence, she has found her niche in the real estate sphere, with 60% of her clientele in this industry while helping more than 450 agents since she started her company just 7 years ago.
Katie and Brand Ambition started focusing on real estate agents because, as she tells me, “For a long time, real estate agents were dependent on their brokerages for taking out expensive advertising on radio, tv spots, magazines, etc. … but with the introduction of social media everything has changed. With social media, you have this free, 24-hour-a-day access to your client base.”
But the big question is: How do you properly use social media to further your business?
Katie suggests that authenticity is your greatest asset while creating your brand and social media presence. She shares that having a niche is crucial to standing out. “It is easier to be known for something and then add things to the pot over time than it is to be all things to all people and have such a watered-down, boring message.”
In this episode, Katie and I discuss the power of social media and the strategies to thrive with it. Katie explains how to use online methods to strengthen your offline presence, she shares what to post, when to post and where to post your online content and explains exactly how to create a brand from conception to delivery.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- The problem with social media and how to dominate it
- Why ‘soft topics’ on social media are crucial to your postings
- What is a brand, why is it important and how do you create one?
- The type of content real estate professionals should be posting online, how often and where!
- Why you need to pick a platform and stick to it; don’t try to do everything
- The importance of authenticity while creating your brand
- The process of creating a cohesive brand and message
- Why being ‘social’ on social media is crucial to your online success
Ideas Worth SharingI take the word brand and turn it into reputation. Branding is having the ability to influence your own reputation. Katie Dempsey @richardlrobbins Click To Tweet People tell us ‘I want something like the Nike swoosh’. They want to see it & feel all those emotions. What they don’t realize is that Nike put the meaning into the swoosh over years and years and building their brand and… Click To Tweet Relationships are built on commonalities so if you’re not sharing some part of yourself or your personality, then you’re not having an electric connection with anyone. Katie Dempsey @richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Katie Dempsey
- Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins
- Bishop’s University
- Athabasca University
- Midori Ramen
- Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
- Anthony Jeselnik
- The Yardbird Restaurant