A clear focus lends perspective to what you want to achieve. My latest guest on The Richard Robbins Show had that distinct vision at just 18 years old. Vivian Risi, founder of Royal LePage Your Community Realty, successfully grew her brokerage to be one of Canada’s top real estate franchise companies, made up of over 1,000 real estate professionals.
Winner of the AE LePage National Broker of the Year Award, Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Women of Excellence Award, and Philanthropist of the year for RLP Corporate Canada-wide (to name only a few), Vivian effectively balances her successful career with a perennial desire to give back to the community. Helping over 30+ charities and causes each year, Vivian truly stands behind her brand promise, “People come first.”
Vivian started in real estate at the young age of 18. Straight out of highschool, she was inspired by her father to get her real estate license and jump into the industry. Balancing her career with being a single mother, Vivian got her brokers license, became a managing partner at her firm and eventually bought her first brokerage. Building from the ground up, Vivian began with a team of just 18 agents and has grown to over 1,000 with 10 fully-serviced locations around the GTA.
An advocate for higher learning, a dedicated leader, and a personal friend, Vivian and I sit down to discuss her journey from becoming a teenaged real estate professional to one of Canada’s most prolific producers. A mother, an entrepreneur and author, join me as I learn about Vivian’s astounding growth, her thoughts on the future of real estate and her new book that will encourage you to say, Yes I Can!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- Why daily routine and following systems is crucial to your success.
- Assessing your ‘busywork’ – how to strategically delegate your unnecessary work.
- Why curiosity is crucial to your ability to grow and learn.
- Why making a difference and doing the right thing can lead your to greatness.
- How great customer service become a marketing strategy.
- How delivering the unexpected can be used as a lead generating strategy.
- The importance of seminars and higher learning.
- Why real estate professionals need to be navigators and use their people skills to stand out.
- How to create loyalty within a brokerage to limit attrition.
- The benefits and limitations to Real Estate Teams and should you start one?
Ideas Worth SharingNobody’s perfect. The day you think you’re perfect and know it all...you’re done. - @vivianrisi Click To Tweet I would never say no to anything that would better me. To be a better human being, a better person, a better mother. I always want to be better. And the older I get, the more interested I am in being better. - @vivianrisi Click To Tweet When somebody calls and they’re upset, you got an opportunity right in front of you, right now, to make a difference. - @richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Yes You Can by Vivian Risi
- Royal LePage Your Community
- Lobster and Fries
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Erin Davis
Enjoy the show?
Subscribe to the podcast using your favourite service or sign up here to receive Richard’s podcast notifications and weekly blog updates.