I’ve always been an advocate for sharing knowledge. That’s the core belief here at RRI: giving starts the receiving process and my next guest has been both my student and my teacher over the past 25+ years. Leslie Benczik, of RE/MAX All Stars Benczik Team Realty, has been challenging me since the day we met as rival real estate professionals back in the early 90’s. We worked in the same market, prospected the same clients, and oftentimes, helped each other grow together rather than struggle separately.
Leslie was a self proclaimed ‘shy-kid’ who probably wasn’t well tailored for the real estate industry. He worked on his salesmanship, his work ethic and discipline, and is now a highly successful, 29-year real estate veteran and Team Leader in the Markham, Ontario area.
Becoming a real estate professional right out of University, Leslie was initially driven by one thing: money. However, in his nearly 30 years in the industry, he has evolved into a powerful Team Leader, promoting personal growth to his team of 9. His advice for maintaining and growing a team is simple, “Be honest.” Leslie says, “I’m straight forward, everything is transparent. There’s no politics, there’s no games.”
In this episode of The Richard Robbins Show, Leslie shares his story and his ideas for preserving a loyal and dedicated team, how to grow professionally and personally, and even sheds some light on a few inviting bottles of wine to try.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- How to raise the professionalism of the real estate industry by helping each other instead of competing against each other.
- How to build a productive, trustworthy and dedicated team.
- How to properly delegate and dictate to help strengthen your team.
- Why preventing turnover is crucial to a company’s long term success and growth.
- When is it time to higher additional help and PAs?
- Why investing in others is really investing in yourself.
- How to create a systematic year-long mailer system designed for strategic growth and unparalleled exposure.
- Why disciline gives you power and freedom.
- Why is transformational education so important?
Ideas Worth SharingWhat is the greatest influencer in the world? It’s education. Educate the prospect so they have all the information they need to make the best decision they can possibly make. - @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet The first thing you present to somebody is the problem. Because when they understand the problem they’ll now recognize the solution. - @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet Judgment is a state of stalling, curiosity is a state of growth. - @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet The strongest context wins. - @Lesliebenczik Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Bistecca Alla Fiorentina (Florentine Steak)
- Money by Tony Robbins
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Jimmy Page
- Peloton Bike
- GoodLife Fitness
- Per Se
- Central Park
- Landmark Education
- CAMH (The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
Enjoy the show?
Subscribe to the podcast using your favourite service or sign up here to receive Richard’s podcast notifications and weekly blog updates.