It happens to the best of us – things are going along relatively smooth, you feel good, in control and then, crash; you hit a wall. Maybe you’re in a busy market and you’re feeling burned out. Maybe you find yourself in a slower market and you’re feeling uninspired to prepare and prospect. Regardless of how you lost your mojo, there is a way out.
First things first; if you’re feeling uninspired, STOP doing what you’re doing. Stop banging your head against the wall, and take a 10-minute break. Even if you feel you’re too busy, I promise you that taking 10 minutes to stop and reset will make you more productive in the long run.
Here are 35 things you can do RIGHT NOW to help reset your mind so you can get back on track:
- Write down 5 things you have to be thankful for.
- Listen to music that pumps you up!
- Take 10 minutes to meditate (use the app Headspace for an easy to follow guided meditation).
- Review your dreams and goals.
- Write a list of everything you accomplished this week.
- Tell someone you love them!
- Listen to an inspiring personal development audio book or podcast.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Don’t read or listen to the news until the evening. Almost all news is negative!
- Tell yourself some positive affirmations.
- Join Twitter, or any social channel, and follow people who publish inspiring or uplifting thoughts.
- Make a decision you’ve been putting off.
- Give yourself permission to let go of something that’s holding you back (physically or emotionally).
- Spend 10 minutes reading.
- Take a 10 minute walk (alone or with a dog!).
- Call someone and thank them for being a part of your life.
- Donate to a charity.
- Plan something special for someone you love.
- Eat a healthy snack.
- Do a 7 minute workout (there are tons of apps for this).
- Plan and book your next holiday!
- Watch Simon Sinek’s ‘Start with Why’ TED Talk (and later, read his book!).
- Watch any motivational TED Talk that jives with you at this moment.
- Compliment someone, and be specific (make their day).
- Dance (like no one is watching).
- Journal your thoughts – if they are negative, throw them away.
- Time block out the week (structure is KEY to staying motivated).
- Set an exciting goal for your week.
- Clean your desk, closet or car – you’ll be amazed at how this will make you feel.
- Write a love note to your significant other.
- Write (and send) a special note.
- Play an instrument.
- Stretch – arms over your head.
- Sing (even if you’re tone deaf)!
- Deliver the unexpected to anyone!
Remember, it’s a beautiful life. Make it count!