January 31 2018
20 Ways to Deliver the Unexpected
Surprise your clients, team, and loved ones with a gift to make their day.
- Drop off baked goods
- Promote a local business on social media
- Write and mail a hand-written thank you note
- Send a bottle of champagne for celebrations
- Make a gift donation to a cause that you know your client cares about
- Deliver a “beach in a box”
(with a note saying, “Saving for a house and can’t afford that vacation? Here’s a mini vacation in a box, courtesy of [your company name]. Put on some Bob Marley, turn up the thermostat, read your book, and relax!”)
- For those clients you know are saving extra hard to be able to afford a down payment, buy them a couple of nights in a hotel downtown!
- Send someone a copy of a book you love
- As best you can, put your phone away and be present for a whole day
- Email, text, or Facebook message a genuine compliment to three people
- Make a customized move-in playlist for a client on Spotify and share with them
- Send your office receptionist or assistant flowers just to say thanks
- Pick up a buyer for a tour in a limo
- Hire a pro photographer
to take photos of your buyers in their brand new house, then get the photo printed for them
- Buy your seller clients a nice dinner out
or a lunch next time you need them to leave the house for a showing or open house
- Leave flowers behind for your clients after an open house
- Have everyone in your office help you record an awesome “happy birthday” video for a client’s birthday
- A few days before moving day, deliver a “moving essentials” package to your clients.
Include things like a pizza gift card, beer, cleaning supplies and toilet paper
- Buy clients a meal delivery subscription for their first week in their new house
- Bring flowers home for your spouse
(because being married to a real estate agent is hard work!)
It’s a beautiful life, make it count.