On the 95th episode of The Richard Robbins Show, I sit down with a husband and wife real estate team that has taken their prowess for technology to masterfully blend the power of AI with the irreplaceable touch of the human experience.
Tara and Tom Lyons have been married since 1992 and in that time, have created an outstanding real estate business in the town of Belleville, Ontario. While Tara focuses on delivering a seamless client experience during the home buying or selling process, Tom ensures homes get fantastic online exposure, thanks to his love for technology and marketing expertise.
Tom, who Tara affectionately nicknamed ‘Tom-dot-com’, has brought the dynamic duo into the 21st century.
“If you’re not using AI, you will not have a competitive advantage,” Tom tells me. “It’s not about the technology, it’s about the consistency.”
And consistent they have been. Tara and Tom have implemented AI into their business flawlessly to ensure their clients are taken care of at every opportunity.
“I was in an appointment and I had 3 leads come in during that time,” Tara explains, “They don’t know I’m in an appointment because they’re getting a response immediately. The technology is available today so you utilize it.”
In this episode, the importance of embracing technology in your real estate business is explored with Tara & Tom. They explain why you must adjust your business model to adapt to today’s consumer, how to effectively maintain a partnership – which I can certainly relate to – and why AI can be the perfect addition to your follow-up sequence to build a better business.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- How to create a fun and effective work environment with your spouse
- Why you should embrace AI into your business
- Download Tara & Tom’s Real Estate AI program (for free!)
- How to use ChatGPT and where to use it best
- The importance of lead follow-up and how to find more leads you already know
- Automated, 2-year lead follow-up system
- Manual vs. automated follow-up systems
- The one thing Tara would immediately do at 21 years old when starting her business
- Secrets at lead follow-up
- Why a CRM is absolutely necessary for business today (and what features to look for)Prompts you can use in
Ideas Worth SharingIf you’re not using AI, you will not have a competitive advantage. Tara & Tom Lyons Click To Tweet Your system is not a replacement for you. Your system is designed to get them to you. Tara & Tom Lyons Click To Tweet Once theyve responded to any of the automation, we remove them from it. Now they are somebody we want to take care of and you cant do that with automation. Automation will never have empathy. Tara & Tom Lyons Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- Tara & Tom Lyons
- RealMarkAI.com – Tara & Tom’s Custom Real Estate AI
- Belleville, Ontario
- Follow Up Boss
- Ixact Contact
- Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller
- The Princess Bride
- Star Wars
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Like Switch by Jack Schafer
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Artifact App
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines