The difference between a boss and a leader is the ability to inspire and my next guest on The Richard Robbins Show has spent the last 3 decades making a difference to difference makers.
David Irvine, a professional speaker, author and business coach, has traveled North America sharing his insights on leadership development, accountability and authenticity. His speaking career began in 1985, engaging with audiences as a family therapist. In 1989, David shut down his family therapy practice and went into a business consulting and leadership capacity full-time.
Since then, he’s written two books (Caring Is Everything and The Other Everest) and has amassed a following as an expert in leadership and development. David tells me, “Leadership really can’t be boiled down to a bunch of techniques. It’s about who you are as a person.”
He adds, “Whatever you want, give it.” I’ve always wanted more for myself, my family and my friends. That’s why I’m giving you these podcasts and these insights. I want more, so I’ll continue to give more.
In this episode of The Richard Robbins Show you will learn the fundamentals of a good leader, the definition of success and be inspired to help grow yourself and everyone around you. Enjoy this transformative interview with the inspiring David Irvine.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- How to transition from salesperson to team leader.
- The greatest failure a real estate professional can have who is trying to build a team.
- The most costly thing a business can go through.
- The 3 fundamental skills of a good leader.
- Accountability agreements and how to implement them into your business.
- The 3 selves functioning inside every person and how they contribute to Authentic Leadership.
- Understanding your Wall of Influence.
- How to define success.
- The 3 things that can help bring success into your life.
- The difference between Primary and Secondary success.
Ideas Worth Sharing
The best way to build a great team is to hire a great team. We have to know what we’re hiring for and what kind of culture we want to have. @DavidJIrvine @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
The root of authenticity is living with integrity. @DavidJIrvine @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
If you examine what you want to be said at your funeral, you will come up with your own definition of success. @DavidJIrvine @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
As soon as you start asking why, you have gone from a transaction into a transformation. You have shifted from a boss into being a leader. @DavidJIrvine @Richardlrobbins Click To Tweet
Resources in Today’s Episode
- David Irvine
- Jeremy Amyotte
- Banff Centre
- The Other Everest by David Irvine
- Caring is Everything by David Irvine
- Brigham Young University
- University of Utah
- Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel
- Peter Drucker
- Winston Churchill
- Nelson Mandela
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Bob Dylan
- Steve Kubby
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Cochrane, Alberta
Enjoy the show?
Subscribe to the podcast using your favourite service or sign up here to receive Richard’s podcast notifications and weekly blog updates.