Jan 5th, 2012
What would January be without our annual resolutions? Every year we resolve to improve our lives and ourselves starting in the New Year, of course. Right after we finish that last piece of pie, or send that one last “important” email, or…
The challenge is, for all the resolve we have in January, without action we are no further ahead. We start off strong, but all too often we find ourselves back in the same old rut, repeating the same patterns and producing the same results.
How Reading Insights Can Help
One of the reasons I love reading and writing insights is because a simple idea can change a life forever. When we’re struck by an insight or idea, it gives us hope. How we feel changes, and when we’re feeling good, we make better decisions and choose better actions. When our actions change, we produce different results. Voila!
Here are 28 Insights to Inspire and Ignite Your Thoughts in 2012
1. Believe in yourself. You have and are everything you need to be to succeed beyond your wildest dreams.
2. In 2012, you are writing the next chapter in the story of your life. Write something that makes you proud.
3. Remember: if it is consistently hard, it's probably not right.
4. Fully commit to your goals. Many are interested in achieving their goals, but few are really committed.
5. In 2012, resolve to be the calming influence in all situations.
6. Find the positive when faced with a negative experience.
7. In 2012, refuse to accept anything less than your best work.
8. Don't wait to see what type of year you are going to have. DECIDE what type of year you are going to have.
9. Inspire others rather than trying to impress; be interested rather than trying to be interesting.
10. Lead with your heart, not with your head: the heart is always smarter than the head.
11. Be open to everything and limited by nothing (thank you, Ron Dickson).
12. Choose to be happy - no matter what.
13. Choose to eliminate all negativity in your life.
14. Act as if you could not fail.
15. Spend less than you earn.
16. It’s great to be liked and respected; however, if you can only choose one, choose being respected.
17. Eliminate all non-important and non-productive activities from each day.
18. Say what needs to be heard, not what wants to be heard. Tell the truth no matter what.
19. Make the choice to live a life you love in 2012.
20. Stop trying to be everything to everybody and learn to say NO!
21. Embrace the challenges, embrace the struggles and embrace work.
22. Get in the best shape of your life. You will love the way you feel physically but most importantly, mentally.
23. If you are in sales, focus on how many connections – not contacts – you make.
24. Replace a bad habit with a great habit every month.
25. Make 2012 the year of NO EXCUSES. We can’t produce results and excuses at the same time. Excuses only justify our lack of results.
26. Stop complaining. Now.
27. Never stop believing.
28. Fall in love with your work, with your life, and with yourself.
Read your favourite insights daily to help you stay on track all year round. What’s your favourite insight, and what are you committed to in 2012? Let us know in the comments.