The cool thing about the real estate industry is that you could get in with a little education and make a 6-7 figure income. By being smart about how you learn, grow, and leverage your skills, you can go further than ever. Today Phil Soper, president and CEO of Royal LePage, joins me on the show to share his valuable expertise and veteran advice from many years in sales and the real estate industry.
Listen in to hear him talk about the importance of knowing what you’re good at, as well as the value of outsourcing those tasks that aren’t part of your strengths in order to put your time into what you do best. You’ll get Phil’s insight on marketing, continued education, online presence, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Phil’s career journey and how he got started in business and sales.
- The big risk he took in the 90s and why it paid off so well.
- What his genius is and how he has focused in on the right areas.
- The importance of not taking on everything by yourself.
- The rapid changes going on and the importance of continuous learning.
- Understanding the “disruptive” technologies and knowing how to move forward.
- Why the development of new technologies is going to help more than hurt.
- The power of an above and beyond experience.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I’m a fairly structured problem solver. I like to break things down and think about it in a systematic way, and I find even people-related problems can be addressed in that way. - @PhilSoper Click To Tweet Get excited about new ideas; get calm about problems. -@PhilSoper Click To Tweet This industry is changing so rapidly—probably more now than ever—and it’s always been this way. Continuous learning is absolutely critical. -@PhilSoper Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Phil Soper: Site | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Royal LePage
- Ryerson University
- To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
- 12 Angry Men
- In Defence of Politics by Bernard Crick
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Photoshop App
- Bruce Springsteen
- Galapagos Islands
- 3 Minute Workout
- Seth Godin
- PEI – Prince Edward Island
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: